To support your clinical practice and promote better health for your patients.
The AMO Clinical Day is designed for physicians, nurses and allied health professionals, to support clinical best practice and promote health for patients. We offer the highest quality accredited continuing medical education with an interdisciplinary program, to build awareness of options, strategies and resources.
Topics and speakers
1. How to solve privacy problems in the age of mobile phones, Matthew Bromwich, MD, FRCSC
2. Practical aspects of managing behavioral disturbance of older adults admitted to an acute care hospital, Kiran Rabheru MD, CCFP, FRCP, Margaret McKenzie Neil, RN, GNC, CMSN and Vera Hula RN, GNC(C)
3. My patient told me he is gay, now what?, Paul MacPherson, PHD, MD, FRCPC
4. Rational use of complementary & alternative medicines, Roland Halil, PharmD, ACPR, BScPharm
5. Treatment of depression and anxiety in teenagers, Michael Cheng, MD, FRCP(C)
6. Non-pharmacological treatments for chronic pain, John Kowal, PhD, CPsych
7. Helping patients help themselves. A primer on self-directed psychotherapy, Mark Kaluzienski, MD, FRCPC
8. Medical aid in dying: applying Bill C-14, Alan J. Chaput, BScPhm, PharmD, MD, MSc, FRCPC
This program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario office for up to 6.0 Mainpro+ credits. This event is an accredited group learning activity (section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by the Canadian Psychiatric Association (CPA). The specific opinions and content of this event are not necessarily those of the CPA, and are the responsibility of the organizer(s) alone.
Registration includes continental breakfast, nutritional morning snack and lunch. Parking is free.
|Physicians: AMO Members||$175 + hst|
|Physicians: Non-members||$250 + hst|
|Residents, IMGs, Students||$125 + hst|
|Health Professionals||$200 + hst|
Click here to complete online registration and payment by credit card.
Click here to download registration form if paying by cheque.
Not an AMO member? Join now!
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities available.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Ontario MD
- Ontario Medical Association
- Collins Barrow Ottawa LLP
Clinical Day 2017 Planning Committee
Dr. Shawn Amyot, Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, Dr. Mark Kaluzienski, Dr. Caitlin Schwartz, Dr. Robert Swenson, Banu Pamukcu, Marc Tanguay
200 Coventry Road
Ottawa, ON K1K 4S3
|Physician: AMO member||$ 197.75|
|Physician: non-member||$ 282.50|
|Resident, IMG, Student||$ 141.25|
|Health Professional||$ 226.00|