Membership in the Academy of Medicine Ottawa (AMO) has never been more important. Without your support we cannot continue to work on projects and programs that benefit local physicians.
Click here to pay your 2018 membership fee.
Why you should join the AMO?:
- Social events throughout the year – Sens game, Escape Manor, opportunities to meet your colleagues
- Discounted member rates to our accredited Clinical Day and other CMEs and workshops throughout the year
- Ottawa Doctors’ Lounge – closed Facebook group where we can share resources, referral questions, practice management tips
- New to Ottawa, it’s a great place to meet other doctors in the community
- Assistance with referrals with the secure, web-enabled Ottawa Physicians’ Professional Directory
- Access to medical care through Code 99 Doctors for Doctors
- Exclusive savings and value-added services for members from local businesses
- Advocacy support with municipal, provincial and federal health care issues
- Media support on local health care issues
- Opportunities to contribute articles and free advertising in DocToc, the newsletter for AMO members
Be rewarded for joining the AMO!
Renew your membership by 31 January 2018 and you will be entered into a draw for a chance to win a $150 gift card from Indigo.
Your support of the AMO funds the administrative backbone to organize and be effective in representing you. No funds go to physicians. We need your financial support, ideas, voice, energy, and passion to make our community a better place to practice medicine.
Eligibility of membership
Those eligible for membership shall be physicians who hold, or are eligible to hold, a valid Certificate of Registration issued by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and reside or work in Ottawa, undergraduate medical students enrolled in the University of Ottawa, and physicians employed by the Federal Government or Canadian Armed Forces while assigned to duty in Ottawa. A member who is suspended by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario may continue as a member for the duration for such suspension unless the Executive Committee otherwise terminates his or her membership.
Associate membership – update 2018
Any physician who resides or practices outside of Ottawa is now eligible for the associate category of membership. Membership fees for associate membership is per the regular fee schedule for their stage of practice.
2018 membership fees and categories (no fee increase since 2008):
Part-time $75 (work less than 20 hours per week)
First year in practice $50
Second year in practice $100
Medical student Free
Associate Same as above as per their stage of practice (members who reside or practice outside of Ottawa)
We appreciate your involvement and support!