Academy of Medicine Ottawa (AMO) is your grassroots organization. Our mandate is to help physicians learn, collaborate and engage within the profession and with our partners and community. Membership fees support operational costs of the Academy which permit physician volunteers to work on projects and programs that benefit local physicians.
Click here to pay your 2017 membership fee.
Your 2017 membership fees supports your organization to provide you with:
- Discounted member rate to our accredited Clinical Day and other CMEs and workshops throughout the year
- Assistance with referrals with the secure, web-enabled Ottawa Physicians’ Professional Directory
- Access to medical care through Code 99 Doctors for Doctors
- Exclusive savings and value-added services for members from local businesses
- Advocacy support with municipal, provincial and federal health care issues
- Media support on local health care issues
- Opportunities to contribute articles and free advertising in DocToc, the newsletter for AMO members
- Social events throughout the year – we are working to add new events this year!
In return for your commitment to the AMO, the volunteers of the AMO Executive Committee and staff in the AMO office will continue to work hard to advocate on your behalf, and bring ideas and suggestions to municipal and provincial leaders on issues that affect our profession. We will continue to be the “voice of physicians” in Ottawa.
Eligibility of membership
Those eligible for membership shall be physicians who hold, or are eligible to hold, a valid Certificate of Registration issued by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and reside or work in Ottawa, undergraduate medical students enrolled in the University of Ottawa, and physicians employed by the Federal Government or Canadian Armed Forces while assigned to duty in Ottawa. A member who is suspended by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario may continue as a member for the duration for such suspension unless the Executive Committee otherwise terminates his or her membership.
Any AMO member who moves away from Ottawa and wishes to remain a member shall be eligible for the associate category of membership. Physicians practicing outside of Ottawa who have not been a member of AMO before are not eligible for associate membership.
2017 membership fees and categories (no fee increase since 2008):
Part-time $75 (work less than 20 hours per week)
First year in practice $50
Second year in practice $100
Medical student Free
Associate $50 (members who move from Ottawa)
We appreciate your involvement and support!